NHS Regulations allow Spilsby Surgery to dispense medicines directly to patients who live more than a mile from the local Cooperative pharmacy, and outside the Spilsby and Hundleby parish boundary. We believe ‘one-stop’ dispensing, where our trained dispensers have easy access to your doctors, nurses and medicines records to be a high quality, safe and effective service. The dispensary is open from 8.30am to 6.30pm on weekdays, closing for staff training as detailed in our News section. If you require urgent medicines when the dispensary is closed, please contact NHS 111 .
The dispensary provides a delivery service within the practice area to all our dispensing patients, and weekly ‘monitored dose system’ medicines packaging to patients who have problems organising their medicines. Please ask to speak to a dispenser for further information.
Please note that medicines for home delivery must be ordered two full working days ahead of your usual delivery day, eg by the end of Tuesday for a Friday delivery.
YOUR ORDERS NEED TO BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE STATED TIMES BELOW:
TUESDAY BEFORE 4pm – DELIVERY WILL BE WITH YOU THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY
THURSDAY BEFORE 4pm – DELIVERY WILL BE WITH YOU THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY
FRIDAY BEFORE 4pm – DELIVERY WILL BE WITH YOU THE FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY
MEDICINES DELIVERY SERVICE
• The Surgery undertakes to deliver medicines to you on either a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday depending on delivery location (excluding public holidays and in dangerous driving conditions).
• Our delivery person will always carry identification. Should you wish to confirm the delivery person’s identity, please telephone the surgery on 01790 728111 and ask to speak to a member of our dispensary team. Our delivery person will try, where possible, not to deliver to your home after dark.
• We will deliver to your home, place of work or other address of your choosing (if within the practice area). If you wish your medicines to be received by someone other than yourself, you must state their name to us when signing up to the service. Our delivery person must be able to identify this person.
• If we are asked to deliver your medicines to an address other than your home address, we may telephone you at home as a precaution to check these instructions.
• If no-one is at home when we attempt to deliver your medicines, our delivery person will leave a card inviting you to contact us to arrange a further delivery date or collection of your medicines from the dispensary. It is your responsibility to arrange a second collection date.
• Patients who pay for their prescriptions will be required to pay the delivery person in cash or by cheque.
• The practice reserves the right to withdraw the service to patients who are repeatedly not at home to receive their medicines. The practice may contact those patients living furthest from the Surgery to agree a single mutually acceptable delivery day.
• We will endeavour to deliver your prescriptions with the next delivery to your area. However, please make your request at least 2 working days before the expected delivery (Occasionally items may be out of stock at our wholesalers).
Place your repeat prescription requests either –
• Register for and order repeat medications using online services (registration required, please contact the surgery)
• In person at the surgery
• In writing by post, marking your envelope ‘Prescriptions’
• By telephoning 01790 728111 and speaking to a Receptionist