MEDICINES DELIVERY SERVICE
• The Surgery undertakes to deliver medicines to you on either a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday depending on delivery location (excluding public holidays and in dangerous driving conditions).
• Our delivery person will always carry identification. Should you wish to confirm the delivery person’s identity, please telephone the surgery on 01790 728111 and ask to speak to a member of our dispensary team. Our delivery person will try, where possible, not to deliver to your home after dark.
• We will deliver to your home, place of work or other address of your choosing (if within the practice area). If you wish your medicines to be received by someone other than yourself, you must state their name to us when signing up to the service. Our delivery person must be able to identify this person.
• If we are asked to deliver your medicines to an address other than your home address, we may telephone you at home as a precaution to check these instructions.
• If no-one is at home when we attempt to deliver your medicines, our delivery person will leave a card inviting you to contact us to arrange a further delivery date or collection of your medicines from the dispensary. It is your responsibility to arrange a second collection date.
• Patients who pay for their prescriptions will be required to pay the delivery person in cash or by cheque.
• The practice reserves the right to withdraw the service to patients who are repeatedly not at home to receive their medicines. The practice may contact those patients living furthest from the Surgery to agree a single mutually acceptable delivery day.
• We will endeavour to deliver your prescriptions with the next delivery to your area. However, please make your request at least 2 working days before the expected delivery (Occasionally items may be out of stock at our wholesalers).
Place your repeat prescription requests either –
• Register for and order repeat medications using online services (registration required, please contact the surgery)
• In person at the surgery
• In writing by post, marking your envelope ‘Prescriptions’
• By telephoning 01790 728111 and speaking to a Receptionist